Today is not going as planned. And I had great plans.
1) Go for a 5.5 run with my friend Alison
2) Take a nice hot shower
3) Dress Callie and I alike in matching pink skirts
4) Go out to a declicious brunch with my parents and hang out at the condo
5) Head to G-ma and G-ma's house for a lovely afternoon and dinner
Doesn't that sound like a great day? Well, unfortunately I either have some sort of food poisoning or some sort of stomach bug. So here is what has actually happened today:
1) I attempted the run and got halfway done before I had to quit and Alison and to run back to the car to come pick me up.
2) I did take a long, hot shower, after puking (sorry, tmi I know!).
3) Callie is dressed in the adorable pink skirt. I am in my pjs.
4) We had to cancel brunch/condo time with my parents (I have only been able to stomach giner ale all day)
5) Chris, Dan, Callie and Kona are at G-ma and G-pa's house without me because they don't need to be subjected to my misery
Despite the tears of frustration running down my cheeks because of feeling awful and missing out on a fun day, I am still wildly thankful for the fact that I am a mother to the most perfect and precious little girl. And I'm beyond thankful for the amazing mother I have to look up to and hope to live up to.
I am also so blessed to have another loving mom in my life: my mother-in-law Mary. I am constantly thankful for the fabulous family I married in to.
And, of course, I'm thankful for the 3 grandmas in my life, all of whom I've gotten to see in the past few weeks!
I have so many amazing mom friends and mom relatives and I hope every one of you has a wonderful Mom's Day!
I'm sorry you are sick! Happy Mother's Day though. You have a beautiful daughter!
ReplyDelete