Saturday, April 30, 2022

7 Years

It’s April 30th. Today is rainy and cloudy. I asked the girls what they knew of this date. Maya didn’t know and Callie knew it was about Bops. I also asked them if they remembered much about what happened 7 years ago. Maya didn’t (except that she was only 1) and Callie remembered that she was at the dentist. 

I only remember glimpses…moments…a lot of the details are muddled or just gone. 

We just left the cemetery. We brought Bops’ favorite treats. 


Callie tried the Diet Coke. Her assessment was that it wasn’t terrible and basically tasted like chocolate sparkling water.


We are going to a movie with Boom later today. We will bring the treats and get popcorn. We will enjoy being together. We will miss my dad and be sad about all the time lost.


But we will also be grateful for the all time we had. 

Love you Dad. 


No comments:

Post a Comment