Friday, May 1, 2020

A Picture Update

It is hard to believe that it is May.  We spent half of March and all of April at home (basically).  The week between my birthday and May 1st has been a hard one for 5 years now, and I'm just glad that it is over.  Because I knew it was going to be hard, I spent extra time looking for sun rays.  In fact, a morning sunray picture is the only one I took on Monday.



On Tuesday the girls were already at each others' throats, pants appeared options (at least inside) and scootering in PJs was acceptable.  It was rainy most of the day but we got out after the rain to scooter through puddles, which was exciting.  Check out the video at the end for some of the action.



On Wednesday afternoon G-ma delivered a stash of homemade masks, with awesome fabric on the outside and our former t-shirts on the inside.  Lynx t-shirts made the masks extra meaningful!  It is a weird world to think of wearing masks becoming normal...



On Wednesday evening, despite putting up a big stink, Maya figured out how to ride her bike with no training wheels!!!  Again, see the video at the end for evidence and her proud little face.  Callie made her a little sign for when she woke up the next morning.



Thursday was the 5th anniversary of my dad's death.  It was a gorgeous and sunny day.  I took a walk early in the morning, and then later parked my car at church and ran to the cemetery.  Then I went and met my mom for a long walk and picnic (G-ma made us matching masks!).  Needless to say, I got 20,000 steps in yesterday.



Then later I picked up some of Bops' favorite things.  I drank an afternoon Diet Coke, we enjoyed corn-on-the-cob and Dots, and I enjoyed beautiful bouquets of flowers.



I also channeled "Tropical Lee' with a yummy margarita.  That evening we did more biking outside and soaking in the sunrays.




Today has been quiet.  I have listened to podcasts and done my puzzle.  The girls have played on their iPads, the Switch, and with the toys in their rooms.  We played outside (and Maya hydrated with a giant cup she found from the hospital stay when she was born!). And then Chris took Cal to hit golf balls while Maya made me a very beautiful cheese plate!




I’ll admit that as a raging introvert, I don't mind all this staying home too much.  The days go surprisingly quickly. 

But I REALLY REALLY REALLY miss seeing our families and giving hugs and holding our two sweet M&M babies and squeezing my crazy little Lucy.  I know that we are doing what is best and staying safe.  And maybe as more time goes on we'll be able to open up our bubble a little bit.  But who knows.  I'm extremely grateful for being able to work from home, for Chris being able to work from home, for being able to support the girls with school, and for everyone staying healthy.  I know that is not the case for so many.

Anyway, enough of my quarantine rambling. 
Click here for some fun action videos from the week!

I'll leave you with this.  It is something I saw yesterday that resonates with me, not only in terms of what we are all going through now, but with the grief process as well.




Hope you all have a safe and healthy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment