First up, no baby yet!
Second up, my brain is just horribly bamboozled by the news these days and it is hard figuring out how to be a functional human sometimes. Shocking and sad things seem to bring on a bit of what I am guessing is some (self-diagnosed) PTSD...and every time a new year starts, it also means we are in the slow slog to April 30th. And this year it is coming up on FIVE YEARS since losing my dad and I just can't wrap my brain around that either.
Being smack in the middle of winter also doesn't help, though my children don't seem to mind. Yesterday morning the girls spent time out in the snow building a fort.
All this to say, human-ing is hard but it is also a good time to remind myself (and all of you, if you need it) to practice mindfulness, self-care, and the discipline of gratitude. There is so much to be grateful for and it is important to not get lost in all the other things that are hard.
Continuing on to yesterday after the snow play...the rest of the day was spent at dance class, cleaning, running errands, playing with a neighbor boy and an afternoon happy hour with Jenna (for me). And I didn't get pictures of any of it.
Then I spent the night at my mom’s with Lucy last night in case the baby came overnight. No such luck, but we had fun playing last night and this morning!
This afternoon I spent some one-on-two time with Maya and Luna, and they are always snuggling or being weird together.
| I don't even know what to say about the bottom left picture besides it somehow happened naturally. |
Chris took Callie skiing again this afternoon, and she continues to love it. They did bigger hills this time that required them to go up the chair lift! Click here for a quick video of her going down the hill.
I'll leave you with this: Yesterday as the girls were upstairs playing, I heard Callie say "This is HASHTAG FIERCE AND SMART" about something she created and I thought that was a pretty cool way to describe yourself and your creativity.
And then today I saw this...which reminded me why we can't have nice things, even though the little people in our house are full of "HASHTAG fierce (or the more inventive spelling "FIRECE) and smart" creativity...
Good luck out there this week. I hope you can be fierce and smart and kind and empathetic and understanding and patient and generous and grateful like I hope to be.
No comments:
Post a Comment