Friday, January 16, 2015

FTPDF

Happy Weekend Everybody!

It is a 4 day weekend for me, as I had today off due to working 2 nights of conferences this week, as well as Monday off for MLK day.

First off, I want to congratulate my cousin Karl, and his wife Erica.  They welcomed little baby Gustaf a couple of days ago, and he is adorable (according to the pictures I have seen).  They live out east, so we probably won't get to meet Gustaf for awhile, but I look forward to getting updates about him from his proud Grandpa, my Uncle Joe.  Gustaf was the name of Karl's and my grandfather, who passed away over 30 years ago.  It is a very special name to us all.

As for the week, it was busy.  Maya was cranky the first half of it, with a fever on and off for a couple days.  She was also not wanting to eat much of anything and kept pulling at her mouth.  My theory is that she has teeth coming in.  She is much better now, thank goodness, because we all missed her cheerful self.  She has started figuring out when she is going potty in her diaper, and a few times has wanted to go in the bathroom.  She has also started reaching into the toilet, so that is fun.  Maybe potty training her will be a breeze...(OMG PLEASE LET IT BE A BREEZE. Though anything will be compared to her sister).

Callie had her 5-year-old checkup today and did great.  She is right in the middle percentages for weight and height, and passed all the doctor's little tests.  The shots were rather traumatizing, but eventually she got over them enough to enjoy the post-doctor's visit sucker.

On to the pictures...

Favorite Thing #1:
I stayed home with Maya on Monday, and eventually was able to catch her in
a playful mood.  Also, I unwittingly started her chapstick addiction after she
found my chapstick tube and was able to open it herself.  Now she wants it all the time.

Favorite Thing #2:
The face on the left was pretty typical the first half of the week, but after a mini-meltdown
I was able to get her happy again by reading books.

Favorite Thing #3:
Even though she didn't feel well, she could still manhandle poor Kona

Favorite Thing #4: Some activities while Mommy was at work
Are you thinking, what happened to your oldest child?  Well, I have to say that it is much easier taking pictures of the little one because she stays still a little bit more than the other one.  But I did catch a few pictures of her this week.

Favorite Thing #5: Callie snuggles

Favorite Thing #6: Playing Gi-Gi's piano
Favorite Thing #7: Lunch at Boom's house, and a hilarious "gown" to
wear at the doctor's appointment.  Also, some toys to play with in the
waiting room, followed by lots of hand sanitzer.
Finally, I bought the "Heads Up! Pictures" app for my phone.  It is a game where you hold your phone up to your forehead , while the other person/people playing try to get you to guess the picture that pops up by giving you clues.  Callie LOVES it.  The bonus feature of this game, is that it takes video of the person giving you the clues, which can be HILARIOUS.  Here is an example:


IMG 3450 from Baby Goose on Vimeo.

She rocks at the game, and loves giving the clues.  If you hang out with us anytime soon, we NEED to play it. :)

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment