Friday, March 21, 2014

Favorite-Things-Phone-Dump Friday

Well, Hello!  Happy Friday!

We have gotten to the stage where the baby sleep is so ridiculous we are going to try the cry-it-out method of sleep training.

We didn't really have to do that with Callie.  At least I don't really remember having to do it.  She was always an awesome sleeper.

A few nights this week (or should I say VERY early mornings...like 12:00am-3:30am, for example) Maya screamed and LITERALLY would not let us put her down.  We traded off half hour shifts of trying to get her to sleep enough to transfer her back to her bed and EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. she would either wake up right away or wake up within a couple minutes.

It is MIND BOGGLING.

So a few times this week we decided to do cry-it-out.  Thank GOD Callie is a hard sleeper.

You'd think we were putting Maya in some sort of medieval torture chamber instead of, you know, HER BED. 

I am, in fact, listening to her being "tortured" right now!  Have been for half an hour already!

Chris is up north for a ski weekend- he picked a great weekend to get away, as I'm totally gung-ho for sleep training ASAP.  This ridiculousness has got to stop.  And it has already been established throughout many previous blog posts that I'm stubborn, so baby doesn't stand a chance.  I hope.  She seems to have my stubborn streak as well.

As for Callie, she continues to be a snot factory, which is also kind of mind boggling, but pretty entertaining to be around.  Especially when she talks about being late for meetings that she has with her stuffed animals.  But every time I ask what is on the agenda for the meeting, she gives me a look like I'm crazy and walks away.  Fun times with a 4-year-old.

On to the pictures...

Favorite Thing #1: Monday at Boom's house

Favorite Thing #2: St. Patty's Day!
Thanks to Old Navy, Callie matched her friend Sydney at preschool.

Favorite Thing #3: After a cry-it-out session in the early evening (10:00ish),
she slept til 5:45am!!

Favorite Thing #4: This girl LOVES to eat.
And she will eat anything I give her, which is super fun.

Favorite Thing #5: The big birthday day.

Favorite Thing #6: Selfies with the baby

Favorite Thing #7: Thursday with G-ma
Favorite Thing #8: Friday morning downtown
Favorite Thing #9: When the Daddies are away, we have a movie date!
I can't get over how adorable Charlie and Callie are in that picture.
And the little ones are too, of course.
We got to watch FROZEN which is now out on DVD!!!!!!!!!!!  Callie was SO PSYCHED when we got it from Target today.  During the movie, she couldn't help but sing along.  And I couldn't help but take video of her because it was cute.  Enjoy.


Frozen 1 from Baby Goose on Vimeo.

Wait, what's that sound I hear now?  SILENCE?!?!?  Well, lookie there, after FIFTY MINUTES the baby got tired and gave in.    HAHAHAHA.  Victory!...Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment