Sunday, November 17, 2013

Weekend Wrap-Up

Hey all!

Our weekend was pretty good.  We are still dealing with preschool tantrums, but I guess it has just became the way of life now.  We're used to it...unfortunately.  In any case, it doesn't seem to be throwing me for such a loop any more.  We've learned to just stay calm and rational at all costs, and EVENTUALLY (even if it is hours later), she will come down from her rage and be sweet again.

Anyway...Saturday was a pretty chill morning.  We hung out at home, did a little laundry, etc. 

 
Callie decided to "help" Maya with learning how to roll over.  I'm not sure how helpful she was, but Maya was totally fine with it, believe it or not.


IMG 7996 from Baby Goose on Vimeo.

Then, on Saturday afternoon/evening, Chris and I got some time away without the girls.  We went to a Gosselin family friend's wedding, and the girls stayed with Boom and Bops.  Callie even got to have a sleep over!  It was fun to have an excuse to get dressed up and have an adults-only evening.


Callie and Maya had fun too!


Today we had a lazy morning without the preschooler coming to knock on our door at 6:30am.  (Lucky for her, Boom was already up when she got up this morning, so she didn't have to wake anyone up!)  She and Chris went to Sunday school while Maya and I stayed home for napping.

Then we took a family trip to Once Upon a Child and got some great new (used) things for the girls- a baby seat, a play mat, and a bunch of toys for Callie's new sticker chart.



Yep, we started a sticker chart again.  I figured we need to do some more positive reinforcement to get back to where we have a child who is sweet more than she is sour.  So we'll see how it goes...

"New" play mat!
Our big activity for the afternoon was playing school.  It was awesome.  Callie doesn't really pay attention to me as Mommy, but TOTALLY listens to every word I say when I am me as teacher.  We did some math time, story time, snack time, and even had a few exercise lessons from "Coach Chris."


I even had "Laundry Sorting" as a school activity.  And sock matching.  It was amazing.

So...another week starts.  I'm hoping our sticker chart makes a positive difference in behavior this week. At least I found out that there was a full moon a couple nights ago, so that could have explained some of the crazy behavior. 

On a final (funny) note, our baby is starting to grow an epic feather of sorts on the back of her head.  And while the feather is growing like crazy, she has a bald ring underneath it.  I have had a hard time getting her to keep still long enough to take a picture, but you get sort of an idea of the stick-out-ness and bald spot with the fuzzy picture of her and her shadow.



Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment