Remember when I had to hide carrots in mac & cheese?
A little background information: So until I was 25 my Subway sandwich order was a veggie on wheat with cheese, lettuce and mayo. Yes the sandwich was called a "veggie" but, really, it was all about the cheese and mayo with a little added lettuce crunch. During my freshman year of college I ate cheese, lettuce, mayo and potato chip sandwiches pretty much every day. My point is that I have never been a big vegetable lover, though I'm slowly but surely broadening my vegetable horizons as I near my thirties (I'm proud to report my Subway sandwich order is now a veggie with cheese, lettuce, spinach, cucumbers, banana peppers and mayo!).
Anyway, the point of this random fact about me is that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Notice how I used a fruit idiom? Little Miss Punkin Head
L-O-V-E-LOVES fruit. Pretty much any kind. Canned fruit. Fresh fruit. Fruit flavored stuff. You get the point. She can pound down the fruit in large portions in one sitting.
Vegetables? Not so much. No matter what vegetable we try (even the "normal" veggies like carrots and corn), it is either spit out immediately or thrown on the floor. And we get faces like this:
The happy face after spitting the veggies out
I guess it is time to buy the kids recipe book about hiding vegetables in normal foods...and I just did- downloaded it to my kindle!
Oooh Oooh Aaaah Aaaah:
We're still working on having Callie recognize more letter books...besides the "Snowman" and "Ladybug" books she was able to pick out a few days ago, she can now find the "Wolf" and "Monkey" books. And the "Monkey" book is especially fun because we're trying to teach her that a monkey says "oooh oooh aaaah aaaah!" She ALMOST has it!
Monkey from Baby Goose on Vimeo.
I love seeing her walk around like that. Too cute.
ReplyDelete