Saturday, January 8, 2011

Gerber Baby

I met my friend Libby for lunch today, and it is always a little extra crazy going out and doing things with Callie on my own. She does fine, but I'm always a little more...harried...I guess that's a good word. And people usually aren't shy about staring when there is a cute baby around, so the microscope of my motherhood sometimes seems a little stronger than usual. :)

Anyway, we had a great lunch and then I began the process of packing up all of the stuff and putting her snowsuit on so we could go. As I was standing up and trying to manage her while putting my coat on, etc., I could tell the people at the table behind us were fairly amused. I had Callie standing up holding on to my chair, but she kept pushing it so it was moving, so I was ramming my arms in my coat trying to get myself ready, trying to do it before she wanted to go down and crawl around (which was literally seconds away). I managed to scoop her up before her hands hit the ground, but not gracefully. With the backpack on, holding a 22 pounder in a cramped little restaurant, I just wanted to beeline out of there. But as we made our way out, someone at another table told me I forgot her bottle top. So I thanked her, turned around and grabbed it, and as I turned back to leave she said:

"You're baby is SO cute. Seriously, she could be in commercials!"





We've been told a number of times that she is a "Gerber Baby"...I guess we missed the boat on that one! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment