Week 36 Info!!!
Your baby is still packing on the pounds — at the rate of about an ounce a day. She now weighs almost 6 pounds (like a crenshaw melon) and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. She's shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered her body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected her skin during her nine-month amniotic bath. Your baby swallows both of these substances, along with other secretions, resulting in a blackish mixture, called meconium, will form the contents of her first bowel movement. At the end of this week, your baby will be considered full-term. (Full-term is 37 to 42 weeks; babies born before 37 weeks are pre-term and those born after 42 are post-term.) Most likely she's in a head-down position. But if she isn't, your practitioner may suggest scheduling an "external cephalic version," which is a fancy way of saying she'll try to coax your baby into a head-down position by manipulating her from the outside of your belly.

It is so funny that this weeks' information mentioned the meconium. We worked a little bit more in the baby's room last night and put diapers into our changing table drawer. Therefore, I dreamed about changing diapers!!! I have a feeling the serious baby dreams will be starting up very soon!
We had a REALLY great Thanksgiving! We started out the day at my parents' house with my parents, sisters and Grandma Henderson. Here we are hanging out and watching the parade with Grandma.
After our first great meal around 12:30, we headed over to the Gosselin's house for meal number two. There were about many more people there!!! I love the contrast between our two families...7 people at my parents house and 24 people at the Gosselin house! And both are equally fun. :) After another great meal and a family quiz game, we headed to Chris' aunt and uncle's house for dessert. Here we are with some of the Gosselin cousins.
I have a doctor's appointment this morning and then two of my aunts are flying in from Denver this afternoon for the weekend! The fun family weekend will continue with a co-ed shower tonight with my mom's side of the family and my first girls-only shower tomorrow with Chris' dad's side of the family and some family friends. :)
Well, I've been up since about 5:15am not being able to sleep, but I think I'm going to try and go back to bed for a little bit. I need to take advantage of the all the sleeping opportunities I can in the next month, right? :)
No comments:
Post a Comment