Friday, December 29, 2023

A Picture Update

Happy Friday!  I can't believe the girls have already had most of their winter break, and I also can't believe that the beginning of the week was CHRISTMAS.  It already feels so long ago!  It has been a whirlwind!  Here are our pics...

Monday was Christmas!!  We woke up and wore our matching jammies...and the girls got their Santa gifts.  


Uncle Dan, Auntie Hanna, Mitchell, Isla, G-ma and Boom came over in the morning for brunch, presents and fun play time!







We also got to FaceTime Auntie Cat (who was in Canada for a fun Canadian Christmas adventure!).


Later, we went over to Uncle Dan, Auntie Hanna, Mitchell and Isla's house and got to hang out with them (again) and Pa!  There were more gifts and playtime and a yummy spaghetti dinner...and SO MANY Christmas cookies!






Also, this girl is such a sweet goofball.



The girls went over to Boom's right away on Tuesday morning for a full day of fun and a sleepover, so I took that opportunity to attack their RIDICULOUS post-Christmas (and let's be honest, mostly all-the-time) rooms.  I started with Callie's room...and it took all morning to clean and organize.  You can see the before picture below on the left, and the after picture on the right.  


Maya's room was my afternoon project...I thought it wouldn't take as long, but the girls had so many bins filled with so much random stuff.  It took forever!


Meanwhile...the girls got to go to "A Christmas Carol" with Boom and do fun things at her house!


This morning the moon and clouds looked cool when I was on my run with Luna.  After I got the girls back, Cal and I played a new game, Maya played with my phone, and the sunset was pretty.


When it got dark, we headed to the Viking practice facility for a drive-through light show. It was pretty cool!  Lots of funny lights.




Maya played with one of her new presents when she got home, and then realized what having a hood on all day does to her hair... 


On Thursday we got Lucy for the day!  We went to the Minnesota Zoo and met Auntie Hanna, Mitchell and Isla there.



We missed Mila (AND AVERY!) of course!


That night I made a yummy chicken and pepper sammie with potato wedges, which I was proud of...and the girls played together nicely.


Today was Callie's birthday party!  Boom and G-ma took the girls for most of the day so I could have the house to myself to get ready.  She had 5 friends over around 4pm, and they hung out it her newly clean room, had hot chocolate and snacks, sang karaoke in the basement, ate pizza for dinner, and then made gnome cookies for dessert! I was able to sneak one picture when they were drinking their hot chocolate, and then I left them alone. ;)


As we head into the end of 2023, I’m feeling grateful and also tired…ha! My goal is to put together a 2023 wrap-up post on Sunday, so come back for that! In the meantime, click here for some videos from the week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment