Well, it has been quite the week. I didn't take too many pictures, but there was goofy Maya, weird December weather, our pretty tree and WINTER BREAK (for me).
Today was my first day of winter break. I went on a chilly run and got myself some new shoes.
My plans for the day changed a bit after Callie called me from school around 11am asking to be picked up. If you have paid attention to the news, you may have heard about a national threat made on social media about violence in school today. We had gotten an email from the district addressing it and stating that there were no credible threats targeting any schools. But kids talk (and write scary things on bathroom stalls) and word spreads and she was really nervous and uncomfortable being at school. So I picked her up and we had a relaxed afternoon at home. I don't know how to navigate these conversations very well, but I put my special ed teacher training to use and just tried to listen and help her process and validate her feelings while also reminding her that all the adults at school are there to keep her safe.
Thankfully, we had tickets to the MN Zoo Drive-Thru Light Show, so we did that tonight as a fun family outing.
I'll leave you with our crazy little elves and their shenanigans this week.
Enjoy the last weekend before Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment