You guys. This was an awesome weekend but I can’t begin to describe how tired I am at this moment (7:30pm). Read on to find out why!
Later we hung out outside and Callie helped saw off some dead branches from our tree.
Awhile ago Cal asked if we could go to dinner just the two of us. So we decided to go to sit on the patio at Punch last night. Except it was actually pretty rainy. So we sat in my trunk instead! And then I treated her to a shake, since that is part of my pre-race ritual.
After the girls’ bedtime I headed downtown for a sleepover at Boom’s. I got all my race stuff ready to go and enjoyed the nighttime downtown views.
This morning Boom and I left her condo around 6:20 to go to the race starting line. It was a beautiful early morning!
I started the race about 7:12am and it went really well! I enjoyed the sunrise around mile 3. I felt great until mile 5.5 and then had a couple miles of a rough patch but got it back together for the last couple miles! Thanks to Chris, the girls, Boom, Pa, and Auntie Cat for cheering me on. And to so many others for all the texts and messages of support!
I finished a bit ahead of what I was expecting, so I feel really great about it. It was so nice to be back in a regular racing environment again! Like SO NICE.
Late morning was a bit chaotic. After the racewe had to go get my car from Boom’s house and then head home. And I then realized I somehow lost my license during the race. It must have fallen out of my pouch when I took out my phone or energy chews. So I showered and tried not to freak out. And then I found an awesome candy/balloon surprise at our door, delivered by our friends. And then I got a random message on Facebook Messenger that my ID was turned in and was at the info tent. Back at the finish line downtown St. Paul. I had promised Maya Chipotle before going to our show…so we picked it up and ate in the car while Chris was nice enough to bring me back to the finish line to get my ID (I'm so grateful to whoever turned it in and the nice volunteer guy at the info tent who decided to look me up on Facebook!) and then back to downtown Minneapolis.
Because Maya and I had tickets to Frozen at 1pm!!! We were supposed to have gone in May 2020, and it is finally back!!! And it was so good!
Then. And, there’s another then. After Callie hung out with Boom downtown while we were at the show, we headed to Auntie Yoda and Uncle Craigles’ house for a Henderson Family Reunion of sorts! My Uncle Larry, Aunt Mary, Uncle Jim, Aunt Coco, and Uncle Josh and Aunt Mari were all in town!
We had dinner and enjoyed the beautiful evening together.
So here we are on Sunday night and I need a weekend to recover from my weekend! But I’m so grateful for all that happened and all we got to experience!
Have a great week.
No comments:
Post a Comment