Friday, February 5, 2021

A Picture Update

Happy Friday!  Happy February!  Minnesota will be enjoying a week+ of ZERO DEGREES AND BELOW temperatures, and I'm trying not to be too crabby about it because we have been so lucky so far this winter.  But it is a tough swallow during a pandemic.  Thankfully, some of our people are starting to get vaccinated (the teacher vaccine rollout has been a mess but I'm told I may get my first shot by the end of the month...?) and hopefully that means the end is in sight, or at least closer to us than it may feel right now when it feels like a bazillion below zero.  Anyway.  

Monday/Tuesday: these days are just such a blur when we are all four at home working and doing school. I'm SO grateful these two are such rockstars at distance learning and really doing a remarkable job doing what they are supposed to do pretty independently.  On those mornings I disappear behind my bedroom door at 8am and don't really reappear until about 11:45.  And then I throw some lunch together and disappear again until 3:30 or so.  And somehow they get all their stuff done.  True rockstars.  As you can see below, we spent some time on the Nintendo and on our big king bed!


On Tuesday afternoon the girls had dentist appointments and Callie's took extra long for some reason.  Maya has a history of turning into a little tornado nightmare in waiting rooms of dental and doctor offices, and Tuesday afternoon was no exception.  But we survived. And later there was more time on the king bed.



Last night we watched "The Masked Dancer" (which is a RIOT, Chris and I are just as into as the girls because the "celebrities" that are masked on that show are likely stars from days gone by...like the 90s or 2000s).  Regardless, it is engaging enough for the girls to love it and then act it out on their own.  After we watched the week's episode, Callie danced her own routine as "The Unicorn." Maya threw on a can-can dress and was the backup dancer.



This morning I took Luna out in 6 degree weather (not sure the feels-like temp but it was a bit brutal) and the girls had a fun day of school and playing at Boom's house.


Have a lovely weekend.  Stay warm.  Love to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment