Sunday, April 26, 2020

Weekend Wrap-Up

Hola!  It was a nice weekend filled with various activities despite it being our 6th week at home.

Yesterday Callie made chocolate-tipped pretzels.  She was going for chocolate-dipped but only ever got the tip.  So it is another Callie Signature Dish, I guess!



Then we took advantage of the lovely afternoon and met G-ma, Pa, Auntie Cat, Auntie Hanna and Mitchell for a social distance hangout at a big field.  It was so nice to be together, even though we couldn't hug or hold the baby (which is TRULY TORTURE).



Then Chris took Maya to go hit some golf balls.  She loved it!



Today I went for a 4 mile run.  I ran past this fence, which had a beautiful chalk mural that said, "Better Days Ahead...Stay Safe MN."  Then Callie helped Chris make Eggs Benedict- a first time adventure for both of them and it turned out pretty well (according to me...it tasted good) and totally horrible (according to Chris because the hollandaise sauce wasn't perfect and the poached egg was cooked a bit too long).  But I hope he keeps trying, because Eggs Benedict is one of my favorite brunch meals.



This morning Boom, Auntie Yoda, Uncle Craigles, Lucy and Mila came over to our side of the tracks and we once again hung out on a big field.  The girls did some scootering too. And once again I was tortured by not being able to hold a baby.  But also once again, it was nice to be together and the sun was shining.



This afternoon I spent a bit of time in the hammock while Luna spent some time in my shade.  It was so beautiful out! And Maya and I later rocked some tie-dye. And have I mentioned that I’m benefitting big time from Callie’s and Chris’ quarantine Master Chef obsession? In addition to Eggs Benedict for breakfast, they made Saffron Risotto again for dinner! Chris adjusted and perfected the recipe he used the first time...this one including a bit of bacon! 


Didn’t make Callie eat it, but at least she enjoyed the cooking experience!

Click here for a couple of various picnic videos.

And I'll leave you with a tweet that I FELT SO HARD IN EVERY FIBER OF MY BEING.




I often get distracted getting everyone going in the mornings that my coffee is always lukewarm at best.

I have an ENTIRE BOX of single socks.  WHERE DO THEY GO?

The amount of times we have had to say "I don't need you to argue with me, I just need you to follow my directions" is in the billions.

SO. MUCH. LAUNDRY. AND. DISHES. ALL. THE. TIME.

Ok that's it.  Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment