Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Parenting Wins

Callie came home a ball of sass and defiance. 

So tonight consisted of these family experiences:

1) Overhearing her say “Siri how to say ‘You ruined my life’ in French?” 

2) Callie stomping away while yelling about her hard life, then Maya subsequently turning up the charm and saying something adorable, then Callie yelling downstairs “MAYA STOP BEING CUTE.”

3) Having discussions about wanting later bedtimes whilst having major sassy attitudes that we attribute to BEING TIRED.

4) Me playing Rolling Stones’ “You Can’t Always Get What You Want” loudly and Callie saying “OKAY I GET THE LESSON.”

I’ll take that as a Mom Win.

And as a bonus experience, I’ll go on to #5.

5) Getting a package delivery that happened to be Maya’s Halloween costume and her subsequently running around in her costume yelling “RAISE THE ROOF! RAISE THE ROOF!” and then learning she does that dance move at school.

Oh man and a bonus experience #6:


We all “overeyact” at times. I’ll call it another parenting win that she recognized it and apologized. 

If only we can all be so self-aware and reflective.


No comments:

Post a Comment