Sunday, July 1, 2018

Weekend Wrap-Up: The End of Crazy June Edition

Holy moly you guys. June 2018 was INSANE.

We ended the school year and immediately had a busy family wedding weekend. Then we had a dance recital weekend.  Then a family weekend in Iowa for Grammy’s memorial. Then the girls were up north for 4 days. And then this weekend: my long time dear friend Adrea got married near Turtle Lake, WI and I was part of her wedding as a reader!

So Chris and I were gone for the weekend for those festivities while the girls spent one night at G-ma and Pa’s house and one night at Boom’s (and they got to hang out with Auntie Mari, Auntie Yoda, and Lucy some too). They are so adaptable...thank goodness. But I think it is safe to say we are looking forward to a slower start to July.

 Here are some pictures from the weekend! We had the wedding rehearsal on Friday night. Adrea’s wedding was at her family cabin, and it was a lovely venue. The rehearsal was a relaxed and fun affair with her family.


On Saturday morning her friend Krista and I headed over to Adrea’s hotel to relax and hang out with her and her sister Liz while she got ready!



Later Chris and I got lunch at a little bar in Barron, WI...named Kate’s, which is appropriate because Adrea is the only person in my life who calls me Kate, and she always has. There were some pretty funny signs in the bar.


Then it was wedding time!  It was HOT, but so lovely.


The reception was at a banquet hall and most of us got EXTREMELY  sweaty dancing our hearts out on the dance floor. Adrea even got Chris on the dance floor a few times, which is VERY rare.


They had Jenga pieces on the table that we were to write messages on, so as you can see above, I put some words to live by on mine.

While we were gone, the girls had a blast with our wonderful family.




This afternoon we spent some time outside and snuggled up watching the Lynx game. 



Have a great 4th of July week! And thanks again to our awesome and amazing family who make fun weekends for me and Chris possible!



No comments:

Post a Comment