Friday, October 20, 2017

A Picture Update

Hello! Happy Friday!

It is MEA weekend and it is has BEAUTIFUL outside this week. We have been busy. But first, four years ago (if you add up the numbers from the Timehop labels) Maya was baptized! It’s crazy to think that Maya is now about the same age or older than Callie was when Maya was a baby. Time. Flies. And God Bless Maya Leigh!



On to our week. I enjoy getting the Monday pictures from Boom SO much. Look at all the cuteness!!


On Monday evening Callie and I (and her giraffe) played a fun game of Apples to Apples. 


I had the morning off on Tuesday, so I enjoyed the fall colors during a run and made my mom’s potato corn chowder. I have enjoyed eating it all week, and still have a lot of it since my family refuses to eat it with me. Weirdos.


Callie was off so G-ma has both girls on Wednesday and boy did they have fun!


On Wednesday afternoon we piled into the hammock to enjoy my start of MEA break.


Wednesday night we had Callie’s conference with her teacher. She is doing great at school, and was proud to show us this that is hanging outside her classroom. I’m proud that we have raised a passionate little Lynx fan.


We started out Thursday with flu shots and then a morning of LEGO building and an afternoon at Boom’s house.


Mom and I went to an insprirational show on Thursday night. It was about story telling and loving our neighbors and figuring out our purpose and doing good in the world. 


Maya decided that waking up at 5:30am the two mornings of MEA so far is a great use of her time. That is after me needing to wake her up after 7am the first three mornings of the week to get out of the house on time. And then my Fitbit gave me those “Sleep Insights” and I realize the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree. I have always been a morning person but this is getting ridiculous.


Anyway, Chris took today off so we could have some family fun, but our non-sleeper had other plans.


 It may look like we enjoyed the park and the lake, but what these pictures don’t show is Maya going up the playground ropes and then crying and refusing to let Callie help her down so I had to go up there and coax her out. And then they don’t show her (fake) crying while holding Chris’ hand walking out onto the dock. And then falling asleep in the car at 11am on the way home because we couldn’t risk lunch out in public.

Four-year-olds. Uffda.

Later she pulled herself together enough to play in the leaves and 77 degree weather!



So now Callie is sleeping over at Boom’s, Maya is having quiet time, Chris is at a golf store, and I finally showered at 3pm and am already in my jammies. 

We are taking church directory pictures tomorrow and I’m already nervous how our dear 4-year-old is going to behave for them. Wish us luck!!

Have a great weekend! 

Updated: This video exemplifies why I am nervous for pictures tomorrow. What started as a sweet time reading quickly devolved into chaos. And some toots. 



No comments:

Post a Comment