I'll admit I struggled a little this week. I think the realization of summer ending with the stress of tomorrow's half marathon looming...I wasn't my best self. But, like in all challenging times, I try and bring it all back to gratitude. So here is what I'm grateful for this week.
#1: My family and our home and the different ways we enjoy being together. Like playing on Snapchat, pool time, and scootering.
#2: Having one-on-one time with Maya while Callie had tennis camp.
#3: Helping Callie perk up after major vacation withdrawal by inviting over her best school friend for a play date. Maya had fun too.
#4: Hanging out downtown with Boom and Lucy.
#5: Having the opportunity to watch Lucy at our house all day on Thursday and watching the cousin bonds grow stronger.
#6: Having 3 hours to myself this morning, and spending most of it in the hammock without too much guilt.
#7: Enjoying a beautiful evening at Lake Nokomis with some of my favorite people.
#8: A husband who will go out and get me a McDonald's vanilla shake because it has been my tradition to always have a McDonald's vanilla shake the night before a big race.

So there you have it. My gratitude list.
So there you have it. My gratitude list.
I'm so much in my head about my race tomorrow. Running has been hard lately, and the past 2 long runs felt awful. But I'm trying to trust my body and convince my mind that I am ready. I have come a long way.
I started running ten years ago- the summer of 2007. I had never ever before run farther than whatever we were required to run in PE class in school. In May 2008 I completed my first half marathon, and tomorrow I will run my ninth (with a full marathon, and a few 15K and 10 milers completed as well the past 9 years).
My last half marathon was in August 2015, and I finished with a time of 2:18:48 (by best half marathon time is 2:05:44 back in 2011). So I'm setting that as my time to beat. I'm hoping it helps that the half I'm doing is one I have done three times before.
If you are awake from 7am to 9:18ish tomorrow, send good vibes!
I started running ten years ago- the summer of 2007. I had never ever before run farther than whatever we were required to run in PE class in school. In May 2008 I completed my first half marathon, and tomorrow I will run my ninth (with a full marathon, and a few 15K and 10 milers completed as well the past 9 years).
My last half marathon was in August 2015, and I finished with a time of 2:18:48 (by best half marathon time is 2:05:44 back in 2011). So I'm setting that as my time to beat. I'm hoping it helps that the half I'm doing is one I have done three times before.
If you are awake from 7am to 9:18ish tomorrow, send good vibes!
Have a great weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment