Sunday, September 28, 2014

Weekend Wrap-Up

We seemed to get back to regular life this weekend, which was a nice change from the past couple of weeks.  Can you believe the Midwest weather the past few days?  At the end of September?  It was SO hot today, I almost wished for fall sweatshirt weather.  Almost.  It was pretty rad to be outside in a tank top.

Saturday

We had a pretty low-key Saturday- dance class, and play time.

I don't think I will ever get tired of watching 4-year-old dance class.  It is adorable.
I also never get tired of watching 1-year-olds play.  Also adorable.
Sunday

Laura and I ran a 10K race!  It took place on my all time favorite running route, it was a women only race, and it was a beautiful morning for a run. 

In case you can't see our shirts, they say "Will Run For Wine."  We got
a few compliments on them.
That is the last race I am signed up for at the moment, so we'll have to see what happens with my running.  I may need to set an October goal and make myself a new chart.

Callie spent the day with G-ma and Pa at the apple orchard and Taylor's Falls.  They met Chris' aunt, uncle and cousins there and Callie had a GREAT day!


Miss Maya had a nice day as well.  She had lunch with Mommy and Auntie Yoda, took a good nap, and went with Mommy and Daddy to the outlet mall.


She is currently in what I call the "drunken sailor with assistance" phase of walking.  I think you'll see what I mean when you watch her walk in this video.


IMG 2377 (1) from Baby Goose on Vimeo.

It was actually kind of nice to have just Maya with us today.  Normally, when it is the four of us, Callie is the one that dictates where we go and what we do.  This time we got to focus on the little one without interruption.  But she was definitely excited to see her big sister when she got home.

As for the big sister's behavior, it was marginally better.  She is still very emotional and FREAKS OUT at the drop of a hat.  I don't know if that is her response to feeling our sadness and stress the past couple of weeks, the fact that she is four and doesn't know how to handle her emotions, the fact that she really could still use a nap every day but doesn't take one, or something else.  But I guess I'm just really hoping that it is a short phase, because the nightly meltdowns are getting pretty old.

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend!  And have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment