Tuesday, February 26, 2013

I Have No Idea How She Knew That

Callie has a bunch of things that she sleeps with:

Tiny Bear
Hello Kitty
Beau Bear
New Puppy
Kona Dos
Llama Llama
15 little blankies (okay that may be an exaggeration, but you get the idea)

Her bed is full of snuggly things.  And she is picky about the things that get to sleep with her.

Some are not invited- like Heena, Rico, Tutti, and Molly.  They can only hang out in her room- not in her bed.

We didn't check which things were in her bed tonight, because the six major players are usually all there.  The lights were turned off, kisses were given, the door was shut.

Then, after watching my toddler on the monitor messing around and NOT sleeping for 45 minutes, I talked to her through the intercom thingy and told her to go to sleepies.  She replied with, "But Mommy, Tiny Bear is missing!"

I sighed, sure that Tiny Bear was in her bed somewhere, but went upstairs to check the living room just in case.

Tiny Bear was in fact in the living room, and I was flabbergasted at how she knew that he wasn't a part of the mountain of lovey things in bed.

Apparently we can't underestimate the importance of having 6 animals instead of 5 in bed with a toddler who is clearly detail oriented.  I texted Chris about it, and he responded "Yeah she knows all her animals by feel and has some weird sixth sense about it."

So I brought up Tiny Bear.  She's still not sleeping.

For real, child, your gang's all there...GO TO SLEEP!!

1 comment:

  1. My girls are the exact same way. It made me think of this post I had on my blog two years ago: http://bethstecher.blogspot.com/2011/01/night-and-day-part-3.html.

    Just read the story at the end. :)

    ReplyDelete