Monday, October 22, 2012

34-Months-Old!!

Um, there are only 2 short months until we have a 3-year-old.

Pardon me while I freak out.

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!

Okay I'm done. 

As a 34-month-old, one thing has become very clear.

She is a Daddy's girl.



And becoming increasingly anti-Mommy. I'm trying not to be offended.  Here are a couple QOTDs that illustrate this point.

This morning she was a little weepy with my mom.
Me: Did you cry a little bit with Boom this morning?
Callie: Yeah, I did.
Me: Why?
Callie: I just missed Daddy.

She gets really upset when we laugh a lot, especially when she thinks we are laughing at her.  Tonight we were watching Dancing With the Stars, and one of the judges fell out of her chair.  It was HILARIOUS and I couldn't stop giggling.  Callie was in my lap, but then wanted to go to Chris' lap.
Callie: Daddy, I'm scared.
Chris: Why?  What are you scared of?
Callie: Mommy.
Chris: Are you scared because Mommy was laughing?
Callie: Yeah.
Then a few minutes later, Kona was sleeping and making lots of noises.  Callie went over to check on her.
Callie: Are you scared of Mommy too, Kona?

So...clearly I'm not as cool as Daddy, AND I'm scary.


Well, to be honest, I'm a little scared of having a three-year-old.  So I guess we're even.

No comments:

Post a Comment