This weekend was fun. Callie spent the night with Grandma, Grandpa and Auntie Cat on Friday night. Chris and I went to my staff holiday party. It was great...and then we got to sleep in a little bit on Saturday morning. And then I got to clean for a couple hours before she was dropped off. I always have the guilties when we do things like that, but really, it is necessary in order to get some stuff done. Plus, she always has a blast with her grandparents and aunties.
| Reading with the girls and Pa |
After nap time we headed to the condo for playtime, dinner and the Holidazzle parade downtown!
| Checking out the circle of friends Boom made |
| Choo Choo! |
| Watching the parade |
But that didn't last long. Thankfully Grandma, Grandpa and Uncle Dan stopped by later this afternoon to provide some distractions. And then thankfully there was a Dora Christmas special on at 6 that forced her to sit still for a little bit.
My project of the day (besides finishing up my Christmas wrapping) was to start redoing the nook in our basement. I always tried to avoid taking pictures of it, but you can kind of get an idea of the "before" from part of a picture I cropped:
| Yuck. Waste of space. |
Today I made it look much much much much better, and a way better use of space with a toddler around.
| So much better! |
| Crafty Mommy did a bulletin board! |
One of my goals for break is to go through all her bins of toys, put away the ones that are no longer age appropriate, and organize the ones that are.
Two more days til break.
Four more days til 2-year-old birthday.
Six more days til Christmas.


That's an awesome little play area! And Teddy will be so jealous of the train set :)
ReplyDelete