Friday
I had the day off on Friday, so we took advantage of the free time to get some things done. Like get Callie a flu shot. I kept calling it a "poke" to try and make it not sound scary, and the name stuck. She got a cookie after it was done, and kept talking about the "poke" and the cookie at random times the rest of the weekend.
We also FINALLY scheduled the hair cut that needed to happen.
That afternoon, we met Kylie and Calvin at Edinborough for some heavy duty play time.
| Sitting on the ducks (well...almost...) |
| Jumping! |
| Photo-op spot...sort of... |
After a much needed check-up at Dr. Stewart's for all of us (Kona included!) we headed to the condo for some time with Boom and Bops.
| They made it up the big hill! |
| Rolling down the big hill! |
Before we left for the party, I warned Mari that it had been a couple of days since Callie had pooped, so to beware. At around 8:00, the following text exchange occurred between her and me.
Mari: Yes major poop explosion. I put her clothes in plastic bag and opened her window. Your upstairs reeks. I washed my hands 4 times and still don't feel clean. I just put her down.
Me: Haha oh no...but kind of hilarious.
So kudos to Mari, for changing her first ever poopy diaper. Lucky her, it was a blow-out the first time.
Sunday
We took it easy on Sunday. There was a little morning cuddling:
![]() |
| Daddy's Girl |
During nap time I went to do some scrap-booking with my friend Amanda. It felt SO good to get back into it, and I'm re-energized to finish Callie's baby book. Looking back at the brand new baby pictures was fun and crazy and a little weird. It feels like a LONG time ago. :)
Tonight we went to Grandma and Grandpa's house for play time and dinner. Callie was REVVED up. She showed off her new vocabulary words that she has been working on with Auntie Cat:
Then she was all about answering the cell phones.
(The videos were taken on my cell phone, hence the crappy quality, but you get the idea!)
We decided to take a chance and go to the 7pm church service tonight. Boom was playing her flute, so that is always great entertainment for Callie. She loves clapping quietly after each song or hymn.
As usual, we brought Callie up with us during communion tonight. After giving Chris and me each a piece of the communion bread, Pastor Ben marked her forehead with a cross and said a little blessing to her. As he and my dad (who was helping out with communion) continued on to the rest of the row, Callie held out her hand and said, "Callie chip?" No, sorry babe, you're not quite ready for the communion "chips" yet! But we all got a chuckle out of it at the end of the service.
It is All Saints Sunday today, so I lit a candle in memory of my grandfathers- Grampy and Grandpa. I really wish they could have met Callie. But I know they are loving her from heaven.
Once again the weekend went way too fast, and I am mentally preparing for another busy week.



No comments:
Post a Comment