Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Cinco de Mayo!

Happy Cinco de Mayo!

We had a 5 de mayo celebration at school today which put me in the mood for Mexican food. So my friend Adrea came over and we decided to go to El Loro in Eagan for dinner...with the baby. We got there and it was PACKED. And I couldn't figure it out. People were wearing sombreros, drinking beer, and being crazy. So we start to fight the crowds at the door (with a baby in a big carrier and diaper bag, mind you) until I remember..."DUH! It's cinco de mayo!" Of COURSE a Mexican restaurant will be nuts. At that moment I felt like an idiot AND an airhead mom. Who brings their baby to a Mexican restaurant on the craziest Mexican holiday of the year? :) So we ended up at a very NON-Mexican restaurant Jake's and had a lovely dinner which my beautiful baby slept through.

Now that I write the story it doesn't seem as funny as it was to us at the time... but the combination of lugging all the baby stuff around, the crazy people in sombreros with beer, and the fact that I had just spent ALL DAY doing cinco de mayo stuff made my choice to go to a Mexican restaurant on this day seem RIDICULOUS after the fact. :)

Anyway, later my silly baby would NOT fall asleep at her 8:00pm bedtime! She was laughing, cooing, and moving around. And I was loving it! How can you make this happy little face go to sleep???



And Daddy had to miss all the fun because of two softball games in the horrible windy and cold weather!

Oh geez...I just noticed it is almost 11pm. I need to go to bed but am WOUND UP. I can only hope for this much energy tomorrow at work...

Oh, one other thing: Chris and I are going to spend the next 12 weeks before our 5th wedding anniversary doing a lot of running...we are signed up to run a half marathon on our anniversary weekend! I have been having some motivation issues so I knew I had to sign myself up for a race or I would never get my butt in gear. And I somehow managed to get Chris to join me! So Sunday starts 12 weeks of training...now I'll finally try out the jogging stroller I got for my birthday. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment