I came across this on Instagram earlier in the week and it made me giggle a lot, because I often use the phrase bat shit crazy when the girls (or kids at work) are being nuts.
Anyway.
Here are some cute pictures so that I can remind myself that they are not little monsters all the time...
On Monday we went to Sylvia's 3rd birthday party!
And the girls did a good job playing together (on their own) both inside and out (yes, we still have a monitor in Maya's room...we can't seem to let it go. She's still a light sleeper).
On Monday we went to Sylvia's 3rd birthday party!
And the girls did a good job playing together (on their own) both inside and out (yes, we still have a monitor in Maya's room...we can't seem to let it go. She's still a light sleeper).
On Tuesday we went to Bloomington's Summer Fete. It is an annual event on July 3rd and Chris always has to work it as a Reserve Officer. G-ma and Pa met us there for fried food, firetrucks, Shaved Ice, and inflatable stuff!
Because they were so nice to each other all day, I let them do a "sleepover" so Callie slept on the floor in Maya's room that night. They were so tired from Summer Fete that they both were out cold by 7:30pm, but Maya was wide awake at 6:15am and woke Callie up shortly after. Not doing that again for awhile...even though they looked cute in the monitor (the picture makes it kind of hard to see, but trust me, they're both there and OUT).

On Independence Day we headed downtown and spent the morning/lunch time at Boom's house. The three girls together were an adorable red, white, and blue spectacle.
In order to get that shot, I also had to get some good outtakes.
So. Dang. Cute.
Anyway, we had fun playing and had a delicious lunch BBQ meal together.
Later, Auntie Hanna came over (finally! We haven't seen her since the day after the wedding!) and then the girls enjoyed popsicles.
On Thursday Chris had the day off again, so we headed to the zoo!
And then brought the bikes over to Boom's house so they could ride in her 'hood. Then my mom and I met Laura and Lucy for a quick picnic and then went to the Lynx game (vs. the LA Sparks, our RIVALS) and it was amazing (look up articles about it- lots of history was made)!!!
Today we met my friend Emily and her three girls at a park and splash pad. It was great to catch up! Then the girls wanted to do more biking so we biked to Callie's school to play at the park a little bit. I love it when they want to bike a lot because I run along with them and get my exercise.
I tried to leave you with a video from the past week but it is 5 minutes long and is taking forever to load. But it is a lot of Maya being Maya! And also inflatable thingies and cute Lucy and some goats and the Lynx game. Come back later- I’ll put it up when it finally loads!
Because they were so nice to each other all day, I let them do a "sleepover" so Callie slept on the floor in Maya's room that night. They were so tired from Summer Fete that they both were out cold by 7:30pm, but Maya was wide awake at 6:15am and woke Callie up shortly after. Not doing that again for awhile...even though they looked cute in the monitor (the picture makes it kind of hard to see, but trust me, they're both there and OUT).
On Independence Day we headed downtown and spent the morning/lunch time at Boom's house. The three girls together were an adorable red, white, and blue spectacle.
In order to get that shot, I also had to get some good outtakes.
So. Dang. Cute.
Anyway, we had fun playing and had a delicious lunch BBQ meal together.
Later, Auntie Hanna came over (finally! We haven't seen her since the day after the wedding!) and then the girls enjoyed popsicles.
On Thursday Chris had the day off again, so we headed to the zoo!
![]() |
| In case you were wondering, Callie did not all of a sudden acquire glasses. They are fakes that I've had for years and she goes through phases where she wants to wear them. |
And then brought the bikes over to Boom's house so they could ride in her 'hood. Then my mom and I met Laura and Lucy for a quick picnic and then went to the Lynx game (vs. the LA Sparks, our RIVALS) and it was amazing (look up articles about it- lots of history was made)!!!
Today we met my friend Emily and her three girls at a park and splash pad. It was great to catch up! Then the girls wanted to do more biking so we biked to Callie's school to play at the park a little bit. I love it when they want to bike a lot because I run along with them and get my exercise.
I tried to leave you with a video from the past week but it is 5 minutes long and is taking forever to load. But it is a lot of Maya being Maya! And also inflatable thingies and cute Lucy and some goats and the Lynx game. Come back later- I’ll put it up when it finally loads!
Update: Here it is!
Have a great weekend.













No comments:
Post a Comment