Friday, June 17, 2016

A Picture Update: Summer, Week 1

This has been pretty much an roller coaster week of emotions.  Lots of hard stuff.  But lots of good stuff too.

So much good stuff.

Like this one.  The potty training.  I can't even begin to say how amazing it has been.  She is so much the exact opposite of her sister.  She requests to go potty even when she doesn't really have to go (see her face at Target while I was frantically running across the store to the potty after she said she had to go and then really just wanted to sit on the toilet for a bit and flush...and same story for the flushing picture).  Callie HATED flushing.  She had a conniption every time we were in a public bathroom and wouldn't let me flush it until she was out of the bathroom.  The differences between them in their potty training experiences are hilarious.



And the girls sometimes have potty time together and it is adorable.  And Maya has her "Tinkle Time" (as we call it) on her potty chair and then gets up, dumps her own pee into the toilet, wipes, flushes, rinses the potty chair and gets hand sanitizer...almost all by herself.

We are doing pull-ups for naps and night time, but there have been no daytime accidents since Sunday. I'd call that a major win.  So it has been so much less stressful, so much more pleasant, and just plain easier than the first time around.  And I'm so thankful.

Besides the potty training stuff, Maya and I have had some fun times together this week during the mornings that Callie had VBS.


Her two favorite phrases this week are: "Mommy go away!" and "What is happening?!?" I just take these phrases as signs of burgeoning independence and curiosity.

On Tuesday night, my mom, sisters and I did our monthly Girls Night Out: dinner and the Lynx game!  Mom and Prowl got particularly close at one point.


Since it is summer, and all, we made sure to spend lots of time outside this week.  The girls LOVE going on walks and playing with water and blowing bubbles.


This weekend is Callie's first official DANCE RECITAL!  She had a dress rehearsal on Thursday night and rocked it.  Maya enjoyed running around all over the place, too.  I chased her around while Boom and Callie watched the other dances.


I will share the video with you on Sunday!

As I mentioned earlier, Callie had VBS this week.  The theme was "Cowabunga!" and she LOVED LOVED LOVED it.  Maya and I got to go to their final big group song session today and had a great time watching all the kids sing.



Tonight the girls are sleeping over at G-ma and Pa's house because Chris and I are going to our friend Rachael's wedding.  It will be nice to have an evening out together.

Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment