Sunday, July 3, 2016

Weekend Wrap-Up

Since I was on a mid-week vacation of sorts, my days feel all off.  It seems really weird to me that today is Sunday.  But I'll take it.  Especially since tomorrow is a holiday and Chris has tomorrow AND Tuesday off!  I love his new(ish) job!

Anyway...we had a fun weekend.

On Saturday we started the morning with a run through the neighbor's sprinklers (in jammies).  Then we played with bubbles and went to the farmer's market with Bethany.  She and Brent stayed with us for a couple nights.  Yay!



Later on we met Hanna and Shambles for a walk, and the girls (and Kona) were fascinated by a turtle on the path.


Hanna babysat for us so Chris and I could go to the Lynx game...and then we met Laura and Craig for drinks afterwards.


This morning we went to Choo Choo Bob's.  Maya had a blast, and Callie was WAY too cool to play with any stinking trains.  It didn't even matter when I reminded her we had her 4th birthday party there.  She is just WAY to mature now, at 6-and-a-half, to care about little toy trains.

Holy fear of the teenage years.

Anyway.


We have college friends in town, so we met up for lunch and I tried to get pictures of all of the kids, but didn't do that great of a job.  We had 6 adults and 6 kids so it was quite the circus.

Top: Chris  with Caleb
Bottom: our girls with Sydney and Kylie
Tonight, while Chris was working the event, I took the girls to our city's "Sommerfete."  I paid for each girl to have an unlimited wrist band for all of the bouncy and inflatable things.  That purchase was totally worth it- the girls had a BLAST.  And were so much braver than I ever would have been.  The were climbing up big walls and ladders and sliding down HUGE slides...without any hesitation and huge smiles on their faces.  It was hilarious and fun watching them do it- all on their own.


One of the inflatables had a HUGE and STEEP slide.  Initially I was only going to let Callie go on it, but Maya really wanted to go.  And there was another little girl her age that kept doing it over and over, so I let Maya go up with Callie.  I. Was. Nervous.  It took awhile, but all of a sudden they made it to the top of the very tall slide.  Did I mention it was STEEP?  Yes I did.  It needs to be mentioned again.  Callie went down first.  Loved it.  Maya was at the top, and just scooted her way to the edge and went for it.  She just FLEW down the slide and tumbled to the soft landing.  Again...Loved it.  I couldn't believe it.  I was so proud of those girls.


We got some typical fair food, stopped to see Chris while he was working directing traffic, and then headed home.  Both girls were hot and exhausted but we had a great time.


Enjoy the 4th!

No comments:

Post a Comment