Anyway.
We are finishing up week 5 of summer and I can't believe it is already the middle of July. This summer is flying by.
We had another fun and busy week. On Monday we cleaned, went to Southdale, and had Popsicles before noon. Because...summer. Right?
On Tuesday we got a haircut for Callie after she decided to do a little chop chop of her own hair with scissors.
It's a cute summer bob, don't you agree? Then we played outside and watched the Lynx game.
Callie had day camp all day on Wednesday, so I had Miss Maya all to myself.
She took a serious nap that day (after not napping the day before). I love her bed head.
We went to a Summer Night Out sponsored by our local police department, where there was BBQ, games, and lots of officers walking around handing out free stuff. There was an awesome turnout, and it was nice to feel a part of the community event.
On Thursday we met some of my friends for tea cakes, then headed to the beach. It was cold and chilly most of the morning, but the sun broke through for a few minutes.
We went to Auntie Cat's for play time and lunch.
Last night I met other friends for ice cream (uffda...my jeans aren't fitting me as well thanks to all my summer treats...but so worth it!) and then got to go hold my friend's 3-day-old kittens. I'm not a cat person, but holy cute tiny creatures!
Callie slept over at Boom's house and had a blast, as usual.
This morning Maya got to have playtime with Caleb, has he and his parents stayed at our house last night before heading back home. The two toddlers were ridiculously adorable.
So today we have been at the condo and went to the library.
Before Maya and I got there, my mom texted this picture of what she found on a table in her room by this picture of my dad.
One of the hardest parts of losing my dad continues to be the fact the the girls are getting bigger and thinking how much he would love playing with them and how much they would love playing with him.
After nap we wandered in the neighborhood.
And there were some pretty strong sunrays.
Tonight is another Lynx game and then a fairly chill weekend. I run a 10K on Sunday that I haven't trained that well for, so wish me luck. 😃















No comments:
Post a Comment