Sunday, June 1, 2014

Weekend Wrap-Up: The Happy Birthday Bops! Edition

First up, it is Bops' birthday today!  
We love you Bops!  We love you!
As for the weekend- it was a great one, with two main highlights.

The first one was the 4th annual 5K fundraiser for my school.  A lot of the fam showed up to either participate in the 5K or sponsor students to participate, which was awesome.  Callie did a great job cheering (and Maya and Chris stayed home for baby nap time).  I actually ran the route twice so I could get in my 6+ mile long run for the week.  It was a BEAUTIFUL morning for a run, and the park we were at was the perfect setting for it.


After the race there was a carnival, so Callie and I stayed around to play games.  We even had (just a couple of bites of) cotton candy!


It was a super fun morning.

The rest of the day was spent relaxing at home, and also a quick trip to G-ma and G-pa's house.  My highlight was when Callie made me a card, and spelled MOM on it all by herself.


Sunday was the 2nd highlight- the big birthday day.  We headed over to the condo for lunch and birthday celebrations.

Callie has been having a tough time with lots of people being around, so she
spent the first part of the party under my parents' bed.  But soon warmed up.
Other than that, we just spent more time at home.  I had my Mom's on the Run group tonight and it was a VERY muddy trail run (we have gotten SO much rain the past 24 hours).  I pulled out my neon pink running pants for the occasion.

My brand new shoes are now full of mud.
Maya has learned to drink water from a sippy cup.  Sort of.  She also
likes to throw it on the floor.
My running goal this week was 15 miles and I did 17!  I'm proud of the fact that on Thursday I wasn't feeling that great, but pushed myself to do 2.75 on the treadmill anyway.  I'm SO thankful that we got the treadmill earlier this year.  It has been so helpful when I need to do my mid-week runs after bedtime when it is dark.  My goal for this week is 15 miles again.

I guess the other sort of big news is that I decided to go back to school to get another teaching license- in reading.  I'll be doing an online program that will take 2 years (one class per session, three sessions a year).  I absolutely LOVE teaching kids how to read, and want to learn more about it.  The class officially starts tomorrow.  We'll see how I'm able to balance parenting 2 children, being a wife,  training for a half marathon, taking a class, keeping our house clean, and having some sort of a life outside of all that.  Ha.

I have one more full week, and then school's out for the summer.  I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment