And after I had my little vent session I felt a little bratty. But what do ya do? It was how I was feeling at the time.
The reality is, our little 2-year-old is amazing like 94% of the time. It is just that darn 6% that sticks in our minds sometimes. But as my dad said today, most people would give their right arm for an amazing 94%. So true.
We had a great weekend.
Friday
It started with a pizza dinner at the Koch's house. Callie had a blast playing with Christine and Michael, and got a bunch of new Little People toys to bring home.
| She manages to find an iPad wherever she goes |
Saturday was busy. We started off by going to get our church directory pictures taken. I prepped her ahead of time, saying that we were going to church and were getting our picture taken and needed to smile really big. We practiced. A lot. She knew what to do. However, for the first bazillion shots, she was stone-faced. Nothing made her smile. We managed to get a few good ones, some pictures ordered, and leave before a total meltdown or expensive camera equipment destruction. Whew.
We headed straight to Donald's 1st birthday party! We could only stay for a bit because it was nap time, but it was fun to see the adorable birthday boy.
After nap time we had some great playtime with her new toys. She also enjoyed me blowing in her face creating "wind." Whatever entertains, I guess!
Saturday night we headed to G-ma and G-pa's house and got to hang out with them, Auntie Cat, Nana, Papa and G-ma's sister Terese.
| Playtime with Daddy |
| Books with Auntie Cat |
This morning Callie and Chris went to Como Zoo while I went to an A-MAZ-ING brunch buffet with my friend Adrea.
![]() |
| Free mimosas! |
![]() |
| "Up high Bops!" |
![]() |
| "Please, Ma-yi, Please" |




I say vent on! :) Toddlerhood is no joke. I know you, and I know you (and Chris) are doing an awesome job. Glad you had a happy weekend!
ReplyDelete