Friday, September 11, 2020

A Picture Update: Happy Birthday Boom!

Today is Boom's birthday!  Happy Birthday Boom! We love you!


As for the rest of the week, we made it.  First week of school is in the books.  

On Tuesday, the first day, we were all HOME.  Chris and I were busy working from home and the girls got online couple times with their teachers.  Beyond that I think they played some inside and outside and I made them go on a few walks/scooter rides when I had a free moment.  It is NUTS, this teaching from home with kids who are supposed to be learning from home business.  Last spring since it was so new, there wasn't as much structure and fewer expectations.  Now that this is just how life is now, everything is ramped up and it is crazy.  But we will make it! 

And thankfully we have G-ma, Pa, and Boom so willing to help us out Wednesday-Friday each week, making it so we just have to make it through Mondays and Tuesdays from home with all of us. As you will see in this post, THEY. ARE. AMAZING. We are so so so so so lucky. And Auntie Cat has also helped out with the schedule and structure for the days. It takes a village and I’m SO GRATEFUL for ours.

Here we are on Tuesday, the first day of the 20-21 school year! 



Maya got to open a present from her teacher.  Callie was SO MAD about "recess." And we had different varieties of work spaces (and work-hindering creatures).


Tuesday evening we played outside and inside.


On Wednesday and Thursday the girls headed to G-ma and Pa's house for school.  They set up desks for the girls and got so many fun things arranged for their workspaces.  Auntie Cat came by for a visit too!


Yesterday morning was CRAZY foggy when I was out for a run. 


Today the girls got to spend the WHOLE DAY with Boom on her birthday!  Such lucky girls! Boom also got them all set up and situated for school, and she is going to be their weekly music teacher (this week was rhythm sticks and AUNTIE MARI’s TROMBONE!). They also baked her birthday cake today as a project!


Tonight we had a birthday dinner at the condo with the Lindsays! Such a fun evening.



And I’ll leave you with this...the summary of my week:



Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment