Thursday, February 4, 2016

QOTDs

I haven't posted a quote of the day for a looooooong time, but Pa sent me a couple today that were cute, so I thought I'd share them.

First up: Callie getting dropped off at school.

Callie: There's my school. It's the best school in the world!
Pa: Is your teacher the best teacher in the world?
Callie: (No answer)
Pa: Or is Mommy the best teacher?    
Callie: I don't know, Mommy has never taught me...maybe Mommy and Ms. Carhart should have a contest to see who is the best teacher.

My reaction: OUCH. But thankfully my self-worth is not based on how my Kindergartener views my ability to teach her. I'm chalking up all the "Exceeding Expectations" on her report card that we just got to ME and all the NOT TEACHING I have done. ;)

**************************************************
Next up: Maya before mealtime.

Pa: Do you want a blue bib?  
Maya: No.
Pa: Do you want the frog one then?
Maya: No.  
Pa: I'll give you the blue bib.     
Maya: No Pa, I said I do not want a bib!

My reaction: Holy moly this girl has strong opinions. I can only imagine what is in store for us during the tween and teenage years with these two...



No comments:

Post a Comment