1) Over the weekend I went a little nuts at Target and bought a number of matching summer outfits for the girls.
2) I'm terrible at laundry. It is a multi-day process that usually involves piles of clean laundry in various rooms of our house, all the time.
3) Callie enjoys/insists on dressing herself most days.
So we were hanging out on the porch this morning, playing peekaboo and trying to keep the baby happy.
It was time for Callie to get dressed, so she went upstairs by herself and VERY excited to surprise me with one of her new outfits.
She was upstairs for awhile, but when I called up the stairs after a few minutes she answered that she was good.
She came downstairs and presented herself in her new outfit.
| The picture does not even do this outfit justice. SO TIGHT. SO VERY TIGHT. |
I casually asked her how the clothes felt, and if they felt too small. She was noncommittal.
And then I remembered. Her new clothes and Maya's new clothes (which were the same outfits) were in the same pile on the floor in Callie's room.
So I checked the sizes on her current oufit.
Yep. She had put on Maya's 12-month size clothes.
And we both burst into giggles. I helped her peel the clothes off and she went back upstairs to find her own 5T size.
So. Much. Better.
I guess I need to up my laundry skills. Big time.
No comments:
Post a Comment