Wednesday, May 15, 2013

A Letter to Hamsie

Dear Hamsie-

You poor second child, you.  I hope that you don't feel like you already are playing 2nd fiddle to your big sister.

When we were pregnant with her, this blog was started and completely focused on me, our pregnancy, our thoughts and feelings about every little thing happening, etc.  With you, we didn't even acknowledge your presence on this blog until the pregnancy was half over, and you just get a little blip at the end of each of my weekly wrap-ups.

Luckily, I know a number of 2nd and 3rd children who are pretty darn fantastic, so I'm thinking that you'll turn out pretty darn fantastic as well.

But I want you to know that, even though it may not seem like it, there are SO MANY PEOPLE who are SO EXCITED to meet you!  You are on my mind constantly as your are pretty much kicking and jabbing me constantly in my belly.  I LOVE IT.

Your big sister talks about you all the time, and is still convinced your name will be Hamsie when you come out.  I promise we won't do that to you, but I can't guarantee that she won't call you that as a special sister nickname.  We'll just have to see.

It has been a stressful few weeks for us as we have been working on figuring out where we want to live.  But know that your dad and I (and the rest of our family!) have been working hard to figure out the best place for you to come home to once you are born.  We want to find an amazing home for you to grow up in, and I think we're getting close.  So I'm sorry if I've been running around too much or making you feel too stressed out because of my stress.  I hope it will be done soon.  I know you're okay because I have had regular doctor visits and they say you are perfect. 

Speaking of doctor visits, I got to see you today.  I had an ultrasound and the technician got a pretty fantastic picture of your sweet little face.


30 weeks 3 days
Looks like you have big cheeks- just like your older sister.  I can't wait to meet you and see how else you are like her, but also how you aren't.  I can't wait to see how your eyes and your hair and your temperament develop.  I can't wait to see if you will have a gigantic head.  (I'd prefer it if you didn't, but I think it is meant to be...I saw them measuring your head circumference today on the ultrasound and it was measuring 2 weeks ahead of everything else...oh well!)

Anyway, just know that I can't wait.  We can't wait.  But please, just so you have the opportunity to grow as big and strong as you can INSIDE, stay in there for another 8 or 9 weeks at least.  We still have A LOT to do to get ready for you.  Sound good?

Love you,
Mom

1 comment:

  1. So sweet Kati. That brought a tear to my eye. You are doing great. Can't wait to meet Hamsie.

    ReplyDelete