Sunday, November 18, 2012

Weekend Wrap-Up: The Sick Toddler Edition

Friday
Ugh...our poor girl was S-I-C-K this weekend.  My mom said she got progressively worse throughout the day on Friday, and by the time she got home she was a snotty-eye-watery-miserable hot mess.  Chris had reserve duty so Cal and I had a movie night.  Her poor face. 

So. Sad.
She didn't eat.  She barely talked.  It was the most miserable I had ever seen her.  By about 7:00 she had a fever of over 101...so I gave her some Tylenol and she was very ready to go to bed at 7:15. 

Saturday
Thankfully she woke up much perkier but still had a fever.  We were living by the Tylenol every 4 hours.  It was not a fun situation for any of us by about hour 3.5.  So we stayed home most of the day...until we were going stir crazy and headed over to G-ma and G-pa's for a little bit.

Much happier after her morning medicine dose

Snuggles with the animals

It's an animal party!

Playing at G-ma and G-pa's house
Sunday
Today was better.  We spent a lot of the day doing this. 

But we also went to the flower store and got some greenery to deck our halls for the upcoming holiday season.

And we hung out with Auntie Mari, Josh and Auntie Yoda this afternoon.  It's always a crazy time with those aunties.

Crazy eyes

No idea why but I can't turn this the right way
So, besides the 10 gallons of snot that came out of her nose today, she was better.  I hope that this sickness doesn't spread through the family like a year ago. We all got some stomach bug last year and it all started when Callie got sick the week before Thanksgiving.  Gulp.

On the plus side I'm very much looking forward to a 2-day work week and some much needed rest and relaxation time with the fam.

Hope you all had a great weekend!  And have a wonderful start to the holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment