Blog Post by Kati:
We had another ultrasound yesterday morning so that they could get better pictures of the baby's brain and spine. But they did all the other pictures and measurements again too, so I'll put the pictures that we got up on the blog once I get them scanned. Everything looks great- she is healthy, on track with the due date, and confirmed to be a girl by 2 more professionals. :) Even though it has only been 3 weeks since the last ultrasound, it is amazing how much bigger she seemed and how much clearer the pictures are!
This past weekend my sister Mari finished STAGE I of the baby room...painting (after taking down the awful wallpaper, steaming, scraping, sanding, and priming...ick). I'm posting pictures here and expect NO JUDGEMENT from anyone regarding the, um, crap that filled the room prior to painting (ahem, Mom! :)) Those of you who know us well know that neither Chris nor I are (in any way, shape, or form) neat freaks. We're messy people who compile junk. And you all seem to love us anyway. :)
That being said, here are the before pictures of the room:

Pictures like this will just make us really appreciate the room when it is done, right? :)And here are a few pictures of Mari in the process of it all:




And here is the end of STAGE I- the room painted a beautiful "Sunbeam Glow" yellow. And though it was suggested, we will not be naming our baby after the paint color. :)

Obviously there is a lot more work to do. We'll be getting the crap out of there and getting new carpet in sometime soon. Then we'll need to figure out how to make it look like an actual nursery! That will be the fun part.
No comments:
Post a Comment