Friday, August 26, 2016

A Picture Update: Summer, the FINAL week

We are at Week 11!  It is always amazing to me how fast the time goes.  When I'm at week 3, it seems like week 11 is so far away.  And then all of a sudden it is here.

I'm going to do a summer wrap-up post tomorrow, so today I'll just focus on the fun we had this week.

On Tuesday morning we got Maya a cute little bob hair cut and went to brunch, just us girls.


Then I had a couple of adorable ballerinas in the house for a bit.



Later, Callie spent the night at Boom's house, which included a trip to Izzy's for ice cream!  Maya and I got a little one-on-one time too.


On Wednesday I resigned to the fact that we are probably done with nap time.  So instead, enforced quiet time and saw a lot of this cute face on the monitor.


I'm hoping in the fall she'll still nap a couple times a week when she is with the grandparent day care (and I'm sure they hope so too!), but since she'll be starting preschool 2 days a week (with just a short rest time), I figured it was good to give her some experience without naps during the day.  There have been some 4pm meltdowns, but it sure makes her crash quicker at 7pm for bed.

We also had double trouble bath time on Wednesday, which usually doesn't happen any more.  They usually do separate baths.  Callie likes the water hot.  Maya likes the water lukewarm.  They fight over toys.  But for whatever reason, they made it work that day and it was cute.


Yesterday we went over to see the Held's new house and play on the playground nearby.  And then we stopped by my school for a little bit and played in the pillow corner and the playground there.


Uncle Dan took them to the Chutes and Ladder's park after quiet time.


Then we spent the rest of the day obsessing over Snapchat.  If you didn't see yesterday's post, click here! It is pretty hilarious.

We met Boom for lunch today and Maya ate probably at least half of my vegetable curry.


And the obsession with Snapchat continued.  A few new filters are switched out each day, so it is actually pretty brilliant.


This week also marked the 5th anniversary of the bad car accident Chris was in with our friends Nate, Nik and Dave out in Washington back in 2011.  Nate is actually in town this weekend, so it is really special that they will all get to be together to mark the anniversary.

Have a great weekend!  I'll be back tomorrow with some sort of summer wrap-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment