As you could probably guess if you read my last post, we spent the majority of the weekend focused on Maya and how she was healing. It was hit or miss. She was either a super hyper goofball or a crabby clingy mess, and there wasn't much in between. On Saturday morning we stayed home and in our PJs. I brought home a couple donuts from work, so Callie was eating hers and doing a challenge math packet by 7am. Then, thanks to my new discovery of Amazon music, I was able to play a bunch of songs from my favorite musicals for the girls. Callie was particularly interested in "Phantom of the Opera" and "Wicked." We tried to hold Maya down, but as you can see she escaped on the table for a second while listening to "Defying Gravity." I also went for another cold run and was rewarded by sunrays. We found that Maya was fascinated by Chris' laptop so that helped keep her in one place for awhile.
Thankfully Callie already had a sleepover planned at Boom's house for Saturday night. They had a blast, as usual, and she got to see Auntie Yoda too!
Maya started crashing and burning in the late afternoon yesterday, but rallied a little to help me make Stromboli. I thought she might like the job of squishing the tomatoes, but she wasn't really a fan.
Last night was pretty miserable- from about 8pm to 11pm she tossed, turned and whined pretty much nonstop. I brought her down to bed with me at one point, but then Chris was able to get her back in her own bed at 11. Then at midnight, while I was fast asleep, Chris heard her in the monitor, went up to her room, and found her with the lights on trying on a bunch of her dresses. She informed him that she wasn't at all tired when he told her it was sleepy time. He ended up sleeping on her floor for an hour to make sure she calmed down. Then we had to go up a couple more times in the early morning. Thankfully she slept til almost 9am this morning. Chris did too, but my inability to sleep past 5am is not altered by how much sleep I actually get. Stupid internal clock.
Anyway. Today was better, in general. She was much more pleasant, though still pretty hyper. Hanna and I took Callie to see a community theater production of "Beauty and the Beast" this afternoon and then we all went over to Uncle Dan and Hanna's house for G-ma's birthday dinner and games!
Cal and I have tomorrow off, so that will be nice. Maybe. It will depend on how the little one wakes up in the morning. Once again, wish us luck.
At this point, I'm ready to be DONE with January.
No comments:
Post a Comment