The dictionary definition says the word advent is "the arrival of a notable person, thing or event."
I'll be honest that it is hard to prepare and anticipate something excitedly when someone notable in your life is not there to prepare and anticipate with you.
Yesterday at church we heard this, a familiar verse.
And Pastor Ben talked about our dark world and how we can take this opportunity to be a light. WE are given the POWER to BE lights in this world.
It is the 30th today, which means it has been 7 months since Dad died and our world fell apart. I have spent a lot of time talking about and thinking about and seeking out light the past 7 months.
But this season is a reminder that the world can always use a little (lot) more joy and light, and how I choose to live my life can help with that.
I'm thankful for Advent and the opportunity to gain a new perspective on light. And the reminder, once again, that light always overcomes darkness.


No comments:
Post a Comment