Tuesday, January 22, 2013

37-Months-Old

We are officially one month into the 3s.  I'd say it has been a rather rough month in terms of me not feeling well at all and trying to balance motherhood, work and the desperate desire for regular naps.  But we've made it through so far and (I hope) it can only get better.  At least for a few months until I'm super huge and hot and uncomfortable. 

This evening we took our 37-month old to Babies R Us to look for a new VIDEO monitor (the one we have been using for 3+ years is not good- only audio and has to be plugged in all the time and gets really static-y...and Chris found her in our room after her nap today eating chapstick, so there's that).

I'm currently watching her in bed right now and it is HILARIOUS.  And kind of creepy because it is night-vision so her eyes have that weird green glow if they are open.  So far she has gotten up to walk towards the camera, only to turn around and get right back in bed, and has moved all her animals and blankies (there are MANY) from one side of her to the other.  We've always heard her rustling around up there but never knew what she was doing.  Now we do.  And it is very entertaining.

Anyway...Callie's job for Babie's R Us was to pick out Baby Hamie's very first toy.  She took that job VERY seriously.


Our conversation in the toy aisle went as follows:

Callie: Um...okay.  I'm looking for something like a pink pig with white ears.
Me: (quickly scanning to see if such a thing existed...nope) Well, I don't know if you're going to find a pink pig with white ears. 
Callie: Okay well then I'm looking for something that is really soft. (touching random items to determine if they are soft)
Me: That's a great idea.  How about you find something that is yellow and soft?
Callie: Okay!  How about this giraffe?
Me: Perfect.

So Baby Hamie now has an adorable giraffe toy from his/her big sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment