Blog Post by Kati:
Yesterday was an interesting day. Around Monday I developed a lovely itchy rash all over my belly and ended up going to the doctor for it yesterday. They drew three different vials of blood for some tests to see if my liver was absorbing bile appropriately (because if it wasn't, a rash was a common side effect). If my liver wasn't working right, the doc said they'd induce me ASAP. He gave me a prescription for some Benadryl-like drug to help with the itching but I can only take it at home since it makes me drowsy. Anyway, the first 2 tests came back normal and the 3rd test was sent to Abbott and won't be ready til tomorrow. My normal doctor's appointment is tomorrow, so because I'll be 39 weeks and depending on the test or the readiness of my cervix, inducement is an option... so we'll see!
I know inducement sounds like a God send right now, but if you have a choice you may want to wait. The drugs they give you to induce labor, can make your labor pains stronger and more intense. Obviously it is your choice, I just thought you should know so you can make an informed decision. Best of Luck, I know you'll do great. Simone
ReplyDeleteHold out, I want a Christmas Baby! Ok, so it'll be my friends' Christmas Baby. Besides, my prediction is on Dec. 30th. Hold OUT!
ReplyDelete