Friday, September 18, 2009

English Hothouse Cucumber (???)

Blog Post by Kati:

Week 26 Info!

The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. She may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. She's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of her lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when she's born and takes that first gulp of air. And she's continuing to put on baby fat. She now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel.
Happy Friday! I am exhausted this morning and looking forward to the weekend. I love Fridays at work because we can wear jeans and TENNIS SHOES!!! That is the best thing ever. I have found that my shoes from last year don't feel so good now. Especially by the end of the day- my feet get swollen...ick...

Baby Goose has been really active the past couple of days in the mornings and evenings. A couple nights ago I think she might have had the hiccups...or just kept kicking over and over!

Hopefully we can begin the registering process this weekend. I've gotten some great suggestions from people so I'm feeling a little less overwhelmed by the task. And excited to get started. I also want to look into childbirth classes and sign up for those soon. Gotta get stuff done!

Enjoy the weekend! Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy the weekend too. Have fun picking out thing and getting registered.

    ReplyDelete