The daytimes of this weekend have been lovely. We spent time outside. Privilege.
The nights of this weekend have been glued to the news, watching the destruction of our home town. Watching from our beds. Safe at home. Privilege.
So. It feels weird to even try to do a normal post, but I'm hoping that these pictures will be a small bright spot in your day, seeing as you chose to come visit this little ol' blog. So I'll include our weekend pictures, as well as some from the past week as well.
Saturday- we met friends for a social distance hike. We accidentally hiked up the back side of one of the ski hills (the kids took us up a little tiny path that ended up going STRAIGHT UP). But the view from the top was worth it.
Last evening, Boom (& Iris), Auntie Yoda, Uncle Craigles, Lucy and Mila came over again. My mom stayed with us last night, since downtown was pretty eventful on Friday night. And I got to hold Mila (and washed by hands well!), which was such a balm for my soul.
This morning I went for a run. It was beautiful.
This afternoon we met up with G-ma, Pa, Auntie Cat, Uncle Dan, Auntie Hanna, Mitchell and the doggies. There was croquet and kickball and snacks. And then I got to hold Mitchell, another balm for my soul!
Here are some pictures from earlier in the week:
| Friday was the last day of school. Both girls had a final Google Meet with their classes. |
| We celebrated with G-ma and Pa, and the new wine glass I got from G-ma. It will be VERY applicable this summer. |
No comments:
Post a Comment