Friday, May 29, 2020

This Week

I don't have my usual picture update for you today.  It just doesn't feel right. The events that took place in Minneapolis this week have been absolutely heartbreaking.

I don't know what to say about it or how to process it, besides completely acknowledging my own white privilege.  After nonstop scrolling of Facebook and Twitter, I found a couple resources/articles posted often and thought I'd share:

75 Things White People Can Do for Racial Justice

Don't Say Nothing

As usual, I process with music.  Sara Bareilles posted a video of her singing her song "Orpheus" today, and the lyrics are so very relevant for what is happening right now.

"We did not give up on love today
Don't stop trying to find me here amidst the chaos
Though I know it's blinding there's a way out
Say out loud: we will not give up on love now.

No fear
Don't you turn light Orpheus,
Just stay here
Hold me in the dark and when the day appears we'll say
WE DID NOT GIVE UP ON LOVE TODAY."

If you'd like to listen to the song, here is the link:



Speaking of love, these two girls are done with their 4th and 1st grade school years. Here are two pictures I will share today. It is really hard to believe how fast the year went and how much they have grown.






I stumbled through a conversation with them this morning about what is going on in our city.  They listened and asked a couple of questions and then moved on with their day. But tonight Callie asked some more questions and I answered as best as I could. I’ll keep doing that and will try to keep educating myself and the girls. 

Please take care of yourselves this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment