I took Monday off and spent the day downtown with my mom, Maya, and Lucy. And then we met Laura, Mari and Chris for lunch.
Then I had a couple hours to myself and I napped in the hammock. We made corn-in-the-cob for dinner. For Bops. And then I caught the sunset sunrays.
Maya watered the flowers on Tuesday afternoon.
The girls had fun playing outside on Wednesday and Thursday and G-ma and Pa’s house.
Maya had her last ever spring concert on Thursday night (waaaaaaahhhhh!) and she was soooooooo excited. Pa told me that in the afternoon she said, “We are coming up on the most exciting part of the day. Mommy is coming to pick me up. Then I get to go to my concert and sing. It will be the best part of my day. I can feel it in my heart.”
And she was adorable, of course.
Here are some video clips. It is a little hard to see her, but you can see her little head peeking out in the 2nd to the back row towards the left.
Last night the sky was beautiful.
Today we walked to the park and stopped at BK for some cones.
Callie told me that her class ran the mile today and she came in 2nd (and was the first girl!). Her classmates asked her how she runs so fast, and she told them “Well my mom is a professional runner!”
I smiled so big when she told me that. I am definitely not a professional, but I’m glad that I can be such a positive role model for her when it comes to running. In fact, my very first half marathon was exactly 10 years ago today.
I have been a major running slacker the past couple of months. My plan for the weekend is to go get new shoes, figure out a race to train for, and set up a training schedule. If you see me anytime soon... ask me about it!
Have a great weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment