I played in a staff vs. student basketball game at my school and it was ridiculous. I scored no points, but also did NOT get injured, which is what Chris and my mom were worried about. So I'll call that a win!
Speaking of basketball, Callie had her first game tonight! Well, she didn't play because she strained her quad muscle in practice, but she looked official in her uniform. Below you see her shooting during warm-ups, and paying attention to the coach during a timeout. They won 32-26! After the game Maya and I got chicken (Maya was VERY excited) while Chris and Cal went elsewhere for food.
While it doesn't feel like the holidays should be so close, the Christmas music has started on the radio and everyone in our family is all about it. Each year I search for the Luther Juletide 2001 album to listen to. It was a CD we always listened to during Christmas that my dad loved. When he died, we weren't able to manage all his fancy music technology, so the album was more or less lost at that time. Yesterday I was determined. While I didn't find the whole album, I was able to remember the name of my favorite song (a medley of three Christmas carols arranged and commissioned for the Luther College Christmas concert that year). After a lot of internet sleuthing, I was able to find the composer, and ultimately a link to a free download of the song. It is called Rejoice! and is about 12 minutes long. It is so beautiful. If you'd like to hear the song, click here. I hope you enjoy it! I have already listened to it a number of times since I found it and it gives me goosebumps a bit every time.
Have a lovely weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment