Tuesday, July 2, 2024

Timehop Tuesday: Lower Turtle Lake Part 2

Hi all! 

Today’s Timehop just goes back a couple days to the rest of our long weekend! 

On Sunday afternoon there was a Lynx game, more deck time, and Maya and I went back out on the paddleboard.


I had some wine in the deck (again😜) and then leftovers for dinner while watching Star Wars! The sunset sunrays were doubled with a reflection on the water through the trees.


On Monday morning I took Chris out to a spot in the middle of farmland with a river and he did some fly fishing. Back at the cabin, I enjoyed my morning coffee and later Callie did a little paddling while I read on the dock (after drying off from having to rescue the paddleboard from blowing off the dock in the VERY weedy water…)


We played some games during lunch and then Chris and Callie had to head back home because she got a job! Her first training shift at Lunds happened from 3-7 so Maya, Luna and I were solo at the cabin for the rest of the day. We tried to go out on a kayak adventure, but it didn’t last long because the wind was strong.


So the rest of the day was for reading (mostly me), running around, kayaking, playing and basketball (Maya).


Chris and Cal got back around 9pm last night and then it was pretty rainy this morning so we packed up and headed home around 10:30. With a very tired dog.


I had the intention of getting a family photo this weekend and it just didn’t happen! If you couldn’t tell, I am learning that teens/tweens are really sassy about getting their picture taken. Ha! But we had a fun long weekend and are now back to reality. 






No comments:

Post a Comment