Monday, May 29, 2023

Weekend Wrap-Up: The Memorial Day Weekend Edition

Hi all!  I'm very grateful we had a 3 day weekend.  We had some fun!

On Saturday morning I ran a 10K race. Maya sent me off with a "Happy Run!" card...and then was my cheerleader, along with Boom, who was also my photographer.  The race was a good learning opportunity...I started off too fast, but I finished within my expected time frame.  So I was happy.


After lunch I took Maya to a gymnastics open gym, where she could do whatever she wanted for an hour.  She spent most of her time working on her one-handed cartwheels (she got them figured out!) and the beam. Later we ate dinner on the deck and the girls played outside.


On Sunday morning, Chris treated us to an unexpected brunch out at our favorite brunch spot!  Then we got all the paddle boards ready for the beach and Luna barely tolerated a hot walk.


Later in the afternoon we went to the beach...Paddle Board Season has begun!  Woohoo!!!





This morning the girls and I headed out to Auntie Yoda and Uncle Craigles' house for a BBQ lunch and DQ treat.


This afternoon we headed to Auntie Cat's house for another outdoor meal and playtime!


There may have been some water squirter wars…


…and sticky S’mores.


There are lots of planes that fly over Auntie Cat’s house, and Isla loved watching them. How cute is this picture??? (Photo credit: G-ma).


Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment