Sunday, April 25, 2021

Weekend Wrap-Up: Happy Birthday Babygoose (and me, yesterday!)

Hey everybody!  Happy Sunday!

Today happens to be the12th birthday of this blog, which means that 12 years ago yesterday (on my 27th birthday), we found out we were having a baby!


I started this blog twelve years ago because "Mommy Blogs" were a whole big thing on the internet.  That really isn't the case anymore, as Facebook and Instagram took over that space.  But for me, this blog has always been a place to just share pictures and stories.  And in the past six years it has been a place for me to write out feelings of grief (and joy).

This past year has consisted of a challenging mix of quarantining, fear of COVID, a tense political climate, and challenging racial issues in our city and around the world, among other things.  I haven't really known what to discuss here, so I feel like overall I have been pretty surface level and focused on our little world.  

But ultimately, this is a place I keep for our close family to enjoy and for the girls to look at eventually (maybe in 10 or 20 years looking at an "internet blog" will be akin to what looking at "printed photos in an album" feels like now?).  The girls are also older now, and it makes it more challenging to determine what is MY story to share, vs. what is THEIR story to share.  They don't always love when I whip out my phone to take pictures.  Sometimes I have to use bribery.  Other times they tell me not to show a particular photo or video, so I don't.  It is a weird middle place to be in.  

All this to say I have no idea if this space will change and shift moving forward, or if the typical "regular" posts will just be the standard and maybe lessen in length in time.  Who knows.  But if you are still reading this word vomit salad of my inner thoughts, thanks for sticking it out with me these past 12 years!

And thanks for all the birthday texts, cards, calls, and love you sent me yesterday.  I really appreciate it!  As an occasionally achy 39-year-old, my husband's gift to me was on point.



Anyway.  Here are the pics from the weekend.  Yesterday I got this text and picture from Maya's iPad, got this beautiful poster to put on my wall, and ate homemade Eggs Benedict for my birthday breakfast!


We had a quiet day of puzzling, cleaning and resting. 


Then Boom, Auntie Yoda, Uncle Craigles, Lucy and Mila came over for a deck dinner!


Boom made homemade layers of butterscotch, vanilla and caramel pudding for my birthday treat, which was AMAZING. And even though it was chilly, Maya and I were able to take Luna out for an evening field run in the sun before the girls went to bed.


Today has been very quiet at home day.  Chris worked out in the backyard.  The girls played outside with the neighbor boys.  I did some cleaning and some puzzling.  Luna did some high maintenance needing of all the attention.  


I took the girls to the park but it didn’t last too long because it is cold!


Anyway...it was a pretty typical and relaxed day. And I’m grateful for it.




No comments:

Post a Comment